Direct Release Systems
The Direct Release System utilizes the Firetrace Detection Tubing as both the fire detection device and the fire suppressant delivery system. The portion of the tube nearest the hottest point of the fire ruptures, forming an effective discharge “nozzle”. The pressure drop in the tube releases the entire contents of the cylinder through this nozzle.
Indirect Release Systems
With the Indirect Release System, the Firetrace Detection Tubing is used only as a detection device. The fire suppression agent is delivered via copper tubing, stainless steel tubing or braided hose. Once the tube “bursts”, the suppressant is discharged through strategically placed nozzles within the protected enclosure.
The effectiveness of a genuine Firetrace system comes from our proprietary, polymer tubing that will rupture when exposed to a flame.
This specialized Firetrace Detection Tubing combines leak resistance, flexibility, durability and precise temperature sensitivity, allowing it to react quickly when the heat from a fire is present. Our detection tubing connects to one of our custom engineered valves and a Firetrace cylinder that contains the best fire suppression agent for a particular hazard.
Designed for simple installation, often very near the source of a potential fire, Firetrace is a self-activating suppression system that reliably suppresses fires in seconds.
We provide a low maintenance, cost- effective solution to the problem of “micro-environment” fire protection. Micro-environments are applications where the hazard is typically contained within a critical enclosure, such as equipment, machines, vehicles, or storage compartments.
Firetrace systems can be installed in virtually any enclosed space where high-value assets are located or where an increased risk of fire could be mitigated by an automatic fire suppression system.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT AGENT
Firetrace’s systems are compatible with most commercially available fire suppression agents, including:
- 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fluid
- DryChemical(ABC, BC, D)
THE FIRETRACE ADVANTAGE
- Are the only systems of their type to carry major listings and approvals from UL, ULC, FM, CE and more than 20 other international agencies
- Are totally self-contained, do not require any type of outside electrical source and will remain totally operational during unexpected power outages.
- Do not require an expensive control panel and are the most cost effective automatic fire suppression system available
- Can be designed with most commercially available agents including clean agents, foam and dry chemical, to ensure the best agent is used for an application.
- Simple design and application can normally be installed in a few hours, significantly reducing expensive labor costs.
- Feature reliable detection tubing that virtually eliminates false discharges and subsequent costly down time and expense.
- Flexible detection tubing can provide protection in difficult and hard to reach areas where other detection methods cannot be used.
- Rugged detection tubing can be used in harsh environments where other types of detection would quickly deteriorate and render the system inoperable.
- Are supported by a network of over 250 distributors world wide to assure your system is maintained to the requirements of the manufacturer and the AHJ.